Edinburgh City Private Hire Ltd is committed to upholding the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998, and will not process your information in a way incompatible with these principles.
Personal details given online for the provision of a particular service will be held and processed under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998.
We will not share information with any third parties unless required to do so by law – this might include the Police if requested to aid the prevention and detection of crime.
2 Collected Information
The information we collect may include your email address and your first and last names. Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you can request a copy of the information we hold about you. If any information we hold about you is incorrect please let us know.
3 Web browser cookies
3.1 Cookies and how they benefit you
A cookie is a small piece of text sent to your browser by a website you visit. It helps the website to remember information about your visit, like your preferred language and other settings. That can make your next visit easier and the site more useful to you. Cookies play an important role. Without them, using the web would be a much more frustrating experience.
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
3.3 More about our Cookies
We use technical cookies to show you our website, to make it function correctly and to manage your actions. These technical cookies are absolutely necessary for our website to function properly.
Third party cookies
We use third part cookies to collect anonymous data for statistical purposes on how visitors use our website. They don’t contain personal information and are used to improve your user experience of the website.
Heatmap: We use Heatmap to gather real-time information about how you use our websites. We cannot obtain personal information from this data.
3.4 To delete or reject cookies